What's gucci aSa! Yo, it's been fun but we're almost there!!! This is the ninth of 10 helpful tips to consider on your music career journey. Tip number nine is to Learn The Positions on Your Team
You are most likely doing most, if not all of the work yourself. That's not a bad way to start off. Knowing how to do everything makes it easier to know what you're looking for when hiring someone else to take over the tasks.
Here is a list of some positions and tasks you should consider learning about.
· Manager – Business Strategy & Career Development
· Booking Agent – Pitching for gigs and performances
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Financial planning and taxation
· Publicist – Generate Publicity by organizing interviews, press, and tours
· Marketing Strategist – Conduct market research and develop plans to create awareness
· Publisher – Manage and seek licensing opportunities
· Entertainment Attorney/ Legal Advisor – Manage and register intellectual property including trademarks, copyrights, and likeness.
Keep in mind these positions do not have to be held by one single person. It’s not a bad idea to have as many people in each position as you can financially manage. I personally suggest starting with a manager that actually has knowledge of the entertainment business.